Spine Surgeon Leader To Know: Dr. Jason Cuellar
Jason Cuellar, MD, PhD, is a spine surgeon practicing in Beverly Hills, Calif., and Los Angeles.
Five things to know:
1. Dr. Cuellar specializes in total disc replacement, minimally invasive spine surgery and non-operative treatment of knee pain.
2. Dr. Cuellar and his business partner Todd Lanman, MD, expanded Beverly Hills-based Advanced Disc Replacement Spinal Restoration Center to Miami, Fla., in August.
3. In August 2020, Dr. Cuellar and Dr. Lanman published research on restorative motion surgery in the International Journal of Spine Surgery.
4. Dr. Cuellar received his medical degree at Stanford (Calif.) University Medical School and completed his residency at New York University-Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York City.
5. Dr. Cuellar’s research has focused on the mechanisms of pain in patients with musculoskeletal pathologies. His research has led to the development of treatments for pain in the hip, spine, shoulder, knee and various sports injuries.